Every hometown diner has it… The Tuna Melt with Fries. It’s beloved comfort food for just about everyone including myself and especially my wife. So, on her late night at work, I decided to surprise her with her favorite comfort food upon her arrival home.
It’s actually a very simple dish to make so here is another recipe for you.
Let’s start with the ingredients:
- A 6 oz can (each) for each tuna melt
- Frozen “restaurant style” fries
- 2 or 4 thin slices of cheese for each melt
- Bread (obviously)
- Butter, about 2 tablespoons for each melt
- Mayo, paprika, salt (lightly) and pepper to mix with the tuna, I did add garlic and cumin to my tuna melt, but that’s just me.
- Optional – 1/4 finely chopped onion
And here is how to cook it.
- First, warm up the oven to bake at 425, once the temperature is reached use your Alexa (buy on Amazon) to make a timer for 10 minutes. Then move and flip the fries and cook for an additional 6 minutes or so.
- While your oven is warming drain tuna completely and then mix with mayo and spices, then set aside for just a minute.
- Set cheese on the bread (on both inside top and bottom) and then place tuna. Lightly butter the outside top of the bread.
- Wait until the fries are about 10 minutes in.
- Next, warm up a large frying pan to medium, or just slightly hotter (6 out of 10) put in the remaining butter and a small amount of oil.
- Wait about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes for the pan to heat up, then gently put in the soon to be tuna melt.
- Flip over every 2-3 minutes until bread is dark.
- Don’t forget to remove the fries when the time is up.
- Remove and serve with the Fries.
Enjoy your comfort food and tell me how it went for you. Total prep and cooking time should be about 30 minutes or so.
Leonard Goffe is an author, writer, and journalist based in South Florida. He is available for your public relations, content development, WordPress design, SEO and technical writing needs.
South Florida Food Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, you pay nothing extra for this, and your Amazon experience works exactly the same.