In addition to this fine blog – you know you love it – I have a long history of article writing. From being a foodie columnist for the “Forum” group of newspapers (a division of the Sun Sentinel) to self-help and productivity articles on LinkedIn you’ll find a wide range of my writing styles. Links are posted below.
Say… maybe you should think about hiring me to be your next writer. I have experience in public relations, article writing, reviews, technical writing and so much more. Contact me today to learn more.
In the Sun-Sentinel…
Once again downtown West Palm Beach, the small city that most closely resembles a miniature version of Manhattan, has a real nightclub. Off the Hookah is the late night dancing and party spot to be. The place is very magical. Even on the outside you can feel the aura pull you in.
Editor’s note: Downtown Guy columnist Leonard Goffe will be sampling some of downtown Lake Worth’s popular dining establishments in his new restaurant review series, “Inside Dish.” He will check out the sights, sounds, tastes and people who make up the city’s culinary scene to give you the scoop on what’s good.
So many things happened on New Year’s evening in our downtown that it as all too much to mention in this column. Hopefully you were able to find fun at some of the better places that I mentioned. Of course there were many more places to be on New Year’s Eve.
Every Saturday night at a small shopping center called Kobosko’s Crossing, located on Forest Hill Boulevard just east of U.S. Highway 441, a group of car enthusiasts gathers for the evening. It is a family-friendly event with attendees — both people and their cars — ranging from old to young.
Once every four years or so, there is a nationwide event that draws more TV viewership than even the fabled Super Bowl. It is of-course, the national elections and of particular interest to just about everyone are the presidential elections. So on this presidential election eve, I took a walk downtown to see how the victory celebrations were going.
In the quieter parts of Delray Beach ‘s Pineapple Grove neighborhood a small wine and bistro store known as Brule attracts a faithful neighborhood crowd. If certain French restaurants represent the opulence of Paris, this one seems to convey some place far more casual and far more accepting, some place like South Florida.
I’m deep in the heart of Wellington and its 9 p.m. on a Saturday night. Of course this means it is prime time to be out with the young (and not so young) and hip at The Grille Fashion Cuisine, 12300 South Shore Blvd.
It’s a bitter cold winter night in downtown Lake Worth . OK, actually it’s just under 60 degrees, but for the average Floridian it’s cold. So my question is: Will people still be out and about tonight? I know I will.
Most people think that cats are for women and dogs are for men. Nothing could be further from the truth.
You’ll never be able to emotionally move forward without learning to forgive yourself first. That’s right – I said first.
If you are like me, there are too many things to get done in your day. Or maybe it just seems that way… In many of my previous articles, I talk about the need to not only create a to-do list/task list but also to schedule tasks.
Learning to say NO is perhaps one of the most important lessons in life for anyone, and I’ve learned this lesson from using my daily planner.
Do you really have the productivity you want? So, you’ve got it all figured out. You make your bullet list, your to-do list, and even plan time frames to get stuff done! Now it’s time to use the 80/20 rule to increase your productivity.
Nearly 50% of business people and individuals, fail to complete their to-do lists according to research from Time Etc. Are you doomed to this rate of failure? No – It doesn’t have to be this way.
It’s time that you actually gained control of your life..
92% of people failed to keep their New Year’s Resolutions last year. If you want to be part of the other 8% read on… If you’re concerned about actually following your new year’s resolutions this year, you’re not alone.
Do you feel that you have too much work to do and too little time to do it?
If for any reason you need to copy and paste the tags into your browser here they are… https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2010-06-30-fl-lwf-hookah-0630-20100630-story.html
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2009-03-17-0903130094… On LinkedIn…
Leonard Goffe is an author, writer, and journalist based in South Florida. He is available for your public relations, content development, WordPress design, SEO and technical writing needs.
South Florida Food Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, you pay nothing extra for this, and your Amazon experience works exactly the same.